Without doubt, the best way to cook bacon is in the oven. The results are outstanding and it saves your hob and splash backs from being splattered in bacon grease and the resulting cleanup time.
Basically, the method is simple you just lay out some bacon in a single layer on a baking sheet and place the bacon in the oven at a highish temperature about 200C or 400F (not pre-heated) until the bacon is cooked and the fat has turned a nice brown crispy colour around 15 – 20 minutes.
Here are some other tips to help you achieve really good results.
- Place a layer of foil on the baking sheet before laying the slices of bacon on top, this reduces your cleaning up time.
- Place the bacon rashers onto a baking rack placed onto the baking sheet to collect the fat drips.
- Cook more than you need as the unused bacon can be kept in the fridge ready to crumble and add to salads and other dishes.
- You can keep the bacon fat, just strain it into a dish through a strainer lined with a single layer of kitchen towel store this in the fridge.
- Watch the bacon carefully towards the end of the cooking time it is surprising how quickly the bacon will burn.
- Slightly under-cook the bacon then when cool store in the freezer. Reheat from frozen in the microwave inside a layer of kitchen towel about 30 seconds on high should be enough.
How other bloggers are cooking bacon in the oven…. enjoy
This is THE way to cook bacon! My mother-in-law who refuses to cook bacon because of the smell/mess might actually approve of this method. Give it a try and you won’t want to go back to a skillet….More at Recipe from Bites: Cooking Bacon in the Oven
- How To Cook Bacon In The Oven (Ezine Ready): foodsoyummy.com
- Thrifty Crafty Girl: Pinterest Bacon
- Better Than Burgers: Kitchen Tip— Cooking Bacon
- How to Cook Bacon in the Oven With Easy Step and Fast
- Bites: Cooking Bacon in the Oven
- How to Make Perfect Bacon in the Oven The Food Bitch Blog
This is a great video showing you how to cook bacon in the oven.